Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
st.I am deeply sorry for the recent video you may have seen, Smith said in a statemen
As we head into the final quarter, lets take stock of a season that in many ways has gone as expected: The National League is largely split into the haves and the have-nots, the AL East race is tightly fought among multiple teams, and the AL wild card has many contenders.Which teams have been the biggest surprises and disappointments? One way to look at this is to compare each teams current record with its preseason projected record. I took each teams win-loss mark entering Sunday, projected that over 162 games and compared that win total with the average preseason projection from ZiPS, FanGraphs and Baseball Prospectus.Five biggest overachievers: Texas Rangers: +14 Baltimore Orioles: +11 Chicago Cubs: +10 Washington Nationals: +9 Philadelphia Phillies: +9Five biggest underachievers: Tampa Bay Rays: -14 Minnesota Twins: -13 Los Angeles Angels: -13 Arizona Diamondbacks: -12 Atlanta Braves: -12By this accounting, the New York Mets?are not the most disappointing team as many would suggest, as their preseason projections pegged them for 89 wins and theyre on pace for 80. On the other hand, the Mets were favorites to win the NL East, or at least win a wild card, and even the latter now appears unlikely. Most ESPN voters picked the Mets to make the playoffs; at FanGraphs, 47 of 55 staff members picked them to make the playoffs.The Houston Astros are on pace for 83 wins, just three below their projected win total of 86. They currently, however, will be watching the playoffs on television, which means all 55 FanGraphs voters will be wrong.The Rangers have exceeded expectations thanks to a remarkable 27-8 record in one-run games. The Orioles have overachieved, at least in comparison to the projection systems, but as Orioles fans will happily point out, the projection systems seem to always underrate their team. Some fans will view this as an indictment of the projection systems. See, theyre wrong again. Theres also a margin of error, however, so its really just proof that -- thankfully -- baseball still remains unpredictable.Anyway, I wanted to look at some of the major offseason moves of a few teams and reflect on how theyve affected the current standings. Natrell Jamerson Jersey . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. Saints Jerseys Store . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. http://www.authenticsaintsshopnfl.com/ . Louis Blues teammates who would also be participating in the Olympics, Alex Pietrangelo felt right at home, no different in some ways to the travel experience of any old road trip – save for the length of the journey, that is. Saints Official Jerseys . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. Authentic Saints Jerseys . -- If Henry Burris has his way, he will be the starting quarterback to lead the Hamilton Tiger-Cats back to the Grey Cup next year. LONDON -- Two-time Olympic silver medalist Louis Smith apologized Monday for a video in which he and a fellow gymnast appear to mock Islam.Smith and Luke Carson are shown in a leaked video laughing and pretending to pray while shouting Allahu Akbar, or Arabic for God is greatest.I am deeply sorry for the recent video you may have seen, Smith said in a statement posted on Twitter. I recognize the severity of my mistake and hope it can be used as an example of how important it is to respect others at all times. I have learnt a valuable life lesson and I wholeheartedly apologize.A British tabloid published a clip from the video that was taken at a hotel wedding reception.Smith, 27, won silver medals in the pommel horse at the 2012 London Olympics and 2016 Rio de Janeiro Games. He also won bronze in the pommel horse at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and a team bronze in London.Carson, who has competed for Northern Ireland at the Commonwealth Games and other international events, retired last year because of injuries. He also reportedly apologized.Britains nationaal gymnastics federation said it would investigate the incident, with Smith and Carson both facing possible sanctions.ddddddddddddBritish Gymnastics does not condone the mocking of any faith or religion and is appalled by such behaviors, the federation said. Members who break our code of conduct can face suspension or expulsion from our organization.The Muslim Council of Britain welcomed the federations move.This behavior by leading and decorated sportspeople is sadly a confirmation of how Islamophobia has become acceptable. It is therefore heartening that British Gymnastics has resolved to take swift and decisive action, said Dr. Omer El-Hamdoon, the Muslim councils deputy secretary general.The supposed apology that has been issued by the two men falls well short of addressing the hurt caused against Muslims, he added. We hope they reflect upon their actions and realize the need for people to follow their faith with dignity. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 ' ' '